RRP General Description 2013
The Race Reimbursement Program (“RRP”) for 2013 aims to reimburse a portion of race entry fees for NEBC Members who race in USA Cycling and/or EFTA-sanctioned races and encourages race member involvement in the club activity by also requiring volunteer contributions.
The goals of RRP are to:
- Promote the sport of bicycle racing by encouraging NEBC members to enter races and to volunteer in the promotion of bicycle-racing events such as races, clinics, training, etc.
- Promote the image, logos and products of NEBC, its sponsors, and the sport of bicycle racing by wearing the club jersey in races, and on training rides, and at bicycle-related events.
- Maintain NEBC as an attractive club for its membership.
RRP Participation Requirements 2013
The following are the requirements for participation in the RRP.
- Obtain a USA Cycling annual license which states your club is “0035 – Northeast Bicycle Club” and your team is “NEBC p/b Cycle Loft”.
- Club membership USAC license must be in good standing.
- Riders must enter “NEBC p/b Cycle Loft” on each race entry form (“Standard Athlete Release”) on the club/team line (or equivalent.) It is YOUR responsibility to make sure the team name is recorded correctly!
- Only races raced during the current calendar year, January 1 through December 31 may be claimed.
- Racers must participate in a minimum of 8 races for NEBC. Note that stage races (i.e., Fitchburg, Green Mountain, Working Man’s, etc) count only as one race – please list these only ONCE on the form.
- Racers must volunteer for a minimum of 12 hours of service to the club. These hours will be verified with the appropriate volunteer coordinator. A minimum of THREE of these hours must come from one of NEBC’s USA Cycling permitted events: Spring Race Clinic, CBTT, Kid’s Crit or VeloCross.
- Riders must be wearing the current official NEBC club jersey in each race they claim. A jersey from the current sponsorship cycle is required! Riders must ride the entire season for NEBC in the discipline(s) claimed.
- Races must be sanctioned by USA Cycling (“USAC”), or the Eastern Fat Tire Association (EFTA) and must NOT be training races. Sanctioning exceptions will be made for those racers who do not have sufficient races available locally for their age group. Please note that Wells Ave, Charge Pond, Charlie Baker and other training races are NOT eligible for reimbursement.
- Races must be bicycle races (Track Events, Criteriums, Time-Trials, Road Races, Mountain Bike races (downhill or cross country), or Cyclocross.) Triathlons, centuries, fund raisers, etc. are not included in the RRP.
- Eight of the races must be in the North Atlantic District (NH, MA, ME, CT, RI, VT, NY.) Additional races may be in any district.
- Volunteer requirements and RRP terms for juniors are slightly different, please contact the BOD for specific changes to Junior RRP for 2013.
RRP Participant Responsibilities 2013
Each RRP member must:
- Volunteer for a minimum of 12 hours of service to the club. These hours will be verified with the appropriate volunteer coordinator. A minimum of THREE of these hours must come from one of NEBC’s USA Cycling permitted events: Spring Race Clinic, CBTT, Kid’s Crit or VeloCross. Always verify volunteer hours with the event organizer.
- Submit all volunteer duties (hours) on the spreadsheet, prior to December 15.
- Submit race results for all qualified races via the online race entry form, prior to December 15.
RRP payments are at the sole discretion of the BOD. Only actual race fees are included, fees for Bikereg or other costs are not covered. The actual portion of race fees reimbursed depends on funds available and levels or participation, rates for 2013 may not be the same as previous years. RRP is not guarnateed.
USAC Nationals and UCI Worlds Travel Support 2013
NEBC members riding for NEBC in current NEBC kit who attend official UCI Worlds and USAC Nationals events held outside of region may be eligible for NEBC travel support of up to $250 per event (authorisation and receipts required), up to 2 events per year. The BOD also has flexibility to support legtimate World and US National level cycling events not sancationed by USAC or UCI on a case by case basis. Prior approval for travel support is required, contact the BOD for details and approval.
USAC Officals Support 2013
NEBC recognizes that without officials events do not happen. In order to promote members to become active officials NEBC will reimburse the cost of the USAC Officials license fee for both new and existing officials.