Have you ever thought about bike racing but never taken the leap?
Come join us for the NEBC Intro to Bike Racing clinic and learn bike handling and basic racing skills to get you on the race course with confidence. NEBC has offered the clinic every spring since 1993. The clinic includes two indoor sessions, four outdoor on-the-bike sessions, a bike repair and maintenance course, beginner Hill Ride and CBTT groups, and a graduation exercise.
We will cover:
- Bike handling: Cornering; pacelines & double pacelines; riding in close groups; incidental contact.
- Racing skills: Sprinting; time trialing; climbing and descending; starting and finishing.
- Tactics and strategies: Road racing as a team sport; applying team strategies and tactics in race situations; using the race course and your strengths to your advantage.
- Training and equipment: Periodization and specificity; training effort zones; racing bicycles & equipment; maintaining and performance tuning your equipment; proper bike fit.
- Graduation Exercise: Wells Ave Criterium where the administrators will usually host additional races to accommodate the graduates; NEBC instructors will race with you to give pointers (subject to field size and conditions)
$60 for NEBC members (Join on Bike Reg)
$80 for Non-NEBC members
$45 for Juniors (free Junior NEBC membership REQUIRED)
Arlington Fox Public Library
175 Massachusetts Ave
April 18th and 25th
7:00PM – 8:30PM
94 Jackson Road, Devens, MA
April 22, 29 and May 6, 13
10:00AM – 1:00PM
Wells Ave Racing, Newton, MA
Sunday May 21th (tentative)
Additional events for students:
- Additional Hill Ride and CBTT beginner groups offered to clinic participants dates TBD
- Bike repair and maintenance class (free) on Wednesday May 1st – 7PM location Pedal Power, Acton
The clinic is open to the first 60 participants, no waiting list will be created. Registration closes April 12th.
Carpool may be available on request from Alewife T station and from Ayer T station. Contact us for more details
Download the 2017 flyer here: